Do words matter? Of course they do! That’s why Screwtape tells Wormwood to either suggest more negative sounding terms or expressions that people associate with things they don’t like. Words like “complacency,” “unselfishness” and “Puritanical” are help for Hell’s purposes. In this four episode of “200 Seconds in Hell with C.S. Lewis” you’ll be reminded about some of the ways the devils try to twist words to make it a weapon for their gain.
2017 is the 75th anniversary of when The Screwtape Letters was first published. So, why not read it again! And consider getting my enhanced study guide to help you enjoy it even more. Get a free 20 page PDF sample of my book via ScrewtapeCompanion.com.
- Listen to Episode 3 of 200 Seconds in Hell – Humility
- Listen to Episode 2 of 200 Seconds in Hell – Laughter
- Listen to Episode 1 of 200 Seconds in Hell – Overview
- Purchase C.S. Lewis Goes to Hell
- Visit ScrewtapeCompanion.com
- Listen to All About Jack on iTunes
- Visit EssentialCSLewis.com
- Bumper music is taken from “Ransom Walks” on Art From The Silent Planet