Confirming C.S. Lewis Quotations (CCSLQ)
The following serves as an OVERVIEW for a series begun in late August, 2015. Updates were initially done weekly, but are now the first weekend of every month. There is also a group on Facebook I started that you are welcome to join.
As you might guess from the title, the focus is on exploring questionable quotations attributed to C.S. Lewis. While I’ve written and spoken on the topic previously, this will be the “go to” place to find out the results of whether or not a quote claiming to be from Lewis is actually by him.
This page serves as the “table of contents” to quickly find a quote that either has been, or will be examined.
Below are the links to the actual articles. If there is no link yet then that means the article hasn’t been released yet.
Also note that because a quote is listed below it doesn’t necessarily mean it is NOT from Lewis. As the result of my investigations I’ve come up with three types, or categories that are explained in my INTRODUCTION to Confirming C.S. Lewis Quotations article. So, be sure to follow the link to understand the alternative results.
If you are on Facebook and what to keep track of things there then join my group called Confirming C.S. Lewis Quotations.
Finally, here’s an article I did that summarized the most visited posts among the first sixteen I wrote: it’s called Top 5 Questionable Lewis Quotes for 2015.
The Questionable Quotes
Select whichever quotation you will like to learn more about why it is questionable. In some cases it either close to what Lewis actually said, or the context makes it *questionable* to share because it could be misunderstood.
- (CCSLQ-16) “No clever arrangement of bad eggs ever made a good omelet.”
- [SPECIAL] Top 5 Questionable Lewis Quotes for 2015
- (CCSLQ-17) “Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.”
- (CCSLQ-18) “The world does not need more Christian literature. What it needs is more Christians writing good literature.”
- (CCSLQ-19) “The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only – and that is to support the ultimate career.”
- (CCSLQ-20) “A children’s story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children’s story in the slightest.”
- (CCSLQ-21) “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
- (CCSLQ-22) “Don’t shine so others can see you. Shine so that through you, others can see Him.”
- (CCSLQ-23) “Everything is different because of the Resurrection.”
- (CCSLQ-24) “Try to remember that the ‘bottomless sea’ can’t hurt us as long as we keep on swimming.”
- (CCSLQ-25) “You doubt your value, don’t run from who you are.”
- (CCSLQ-26)”You can’t know. You can only believe- or not.”
- (CCSLQ-27) – “Make your choice, adventurous Stranger, Strike the bell and bide the danger, Or wonder, till it drives you mad, What would have followed if you had.”
- (CCSLQ-28) – “Do not let your happiness depend on something you may lose.”
- (CCSLQ-29) – “A friend is someone who know the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.”
- [SPECIAL] Top 10 Questionable Lewis Quotes
- (CCSLQ-30) – “Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you never know who would love the person you hide.”
- (CCSLQ-31) – “My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoices that I am out of the fight.”
- (CCSLQ-32) – “Be sure that the patient remains completely fixated on politics…”
- (CCSLQ-33) – “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different.”
- (CCSLQ-34) – “God always hears the cry of suffering, and God always sees the oppression of the weak, and God demands that we be a people who do the same.”
- (CCSLQ-35) – TBA (Posting 5/6/17)
- (CCSLQ-35) – TBA (Posting 6/3/17)
- (CCSLQ-35) – TBA (Posting 7/8/17)
- MORE QUOTES PLANNED!